Thursday, July 2, 2009

nipples, soap and dogs in boats

It's been quite a week here and it's about to get a little more interesting. Jackson's therapy and extended school services have ended until August. He also just had his last baseball game. Campbell has started saying "I don't know!". Finley has finally stopped asking me every day if he has "school in the morning". And Tucker and Cooper had their first taste of Zest.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday morning and it was down hill from there. On the way to Jackson's school, Tucker and Cooper were shrieking and carrying on in the back seat. I heard the words "nipple" and "poop on mommy's head". Neither of those are really appropriate so I asked them to pipe down. This meant to them that they should start saying them louder and more frequently. I pulled off in a church parking lot (I knew I needed God on my side) and lovingly put a baby wipe in each of their mouths. Pampers if you're reading...they need more detergent on them. Let's just say they each ended up sitting on the toilet in my bathroom with a bar of soap in their mouth and then spent the afternoon laying in their beds. This all happened the day after we spent a night with our small group. And wouldn't you know that the topic of my calm nature came up. I assured my friends that I was in fact human and did quite frequently raise my voice to my children...case in point girls. Please don't bring it up again because clearly the Lord heard about your misconceptions and I paid the price!!!



We are busy planning and packing for a weekend camping trip...our very first as a family. For Father's Day we gifted Todd with a ginormous (room for many squirps) tent and some assorted camping gear. I have no idea what I'm in for. Getting there prepared for eating, sleeping, fun and fun associated emergencies seems to be at least more than half the battle. Did I mention that we are bringing the dog? Did I mention we are taking the baby and dog canoeing?




It's going to be a few days until my next post...I hope everyone has fun (and stays safe) celebrating the 4th of July weekend! We are so blessed to live in this great country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com