Monday, May 11, 2009

I had a rockin' Mother's Day weekend!

How about you? Friday my sister and I went shopping for our mom. You know it, there were lots of mulch type decisions to be made. Saturday morning Tucker and Cooper had a soccer game...hello mud! The afternoon was spent planting and spreading said mulch at my mom's...love ya mom! Then the hottest, sweetest guy in the whole world took me out on a date. We had such a great time!!! We had dinner at P.F. Chang's, did some shopping (spoiled!) and then went to see Star Trek. Yeah, not my movie pick and I was kind of wondering why there wasn't a chick flick on the list too! It was actually fun to watch and we got to see it on the IMAX screen. We had a blast and stayed out way past our bedtime!

We were feeling our ages the next morning when it was time to get up for church so Todd got up (slowly) pretty soon after the boys and I got to sleep in. I was awakened by four little boy faces (the girl face was still sleeping), breakfast in bed, five homemade cards and a new pair of Dr. Marten mary janes. Babe, seriously, could you be any more amazing? We spent the afternoon with the fam enjoying yummy food, good company and energy burning kiddos.

I love being a mom. I love being a mom to my five. But I'm convinced that my job as mom is so delightful because of the husband I have to help me. My girlfriends can attest to his helpfulness. He cooks (and likes it), cleans, helps with the laundry and does not consider girl's night out as his night to "babysit"...ever. He's handy, strong and probably the hardest working guy I know.

Who wouldn't love a guy who provides photo ops like this...


Alright, enough mushy... How about a little Tucker? *CAUTION* hide your remotes immediately!!! At 6:59am Sunday morning Tucker made his first pay-per-view purchase. "Bolt" played non-stop at our house for 24 hours. Hey, we wanted to get our $4.99 out of it. Time to install those parental controls!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mom's I know!! :) Love you, seester.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com