Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where They Rest Their Heads



I have been following Kelly's blog for a while. She has a sweet little miracle baby, Harper (a name that was on our list with Campbell). She has started a "tour of homes" of sorts in blogger world and I thought this week I'd play along. I love our children's bedrooms so I don't mind showing them off. While I did make the beds and straighten up, you could come over on most any day and find that these bedrooms are almost this tidy. Definitely NOT true about the rest of our house!!! They only keep a few special toys in their rooms and it is a treat to play up there. Now books are another story! The entire floor of Jackson and Tucker's closet is filled with books. For my sanity I try and keep the toys centrally located (in the basement) to make clean-up a possibility. We started this when Jackson was a toddler because he would get out of bed in the middle of the night and keep himself up for hours playing. I know it's not how lots of families keep house but it works for us! Enjoy!

This is Jackson and Tucker's room. Jackson is a train fanatic. I found the border with my mom at a wallpaper outlet, the coordinating signs on the wall on e-bay and the duvet covers on clearance from Company Kids. I love their bright sunny yellow room! The expression on their door is from Uppercase Living...post a comment if you want more info.





This is Cooper and Finley's room. They have an airplane theme going on. I actually have some metal airplanes to hang from the ceiling but that little project has been stuck on Todd's honey do list for a while. We found the bedding at a Pottery Barn outlet. I really like it but we bought it specifically because it had a matching crib set. At one time we had four children in a three bedroom house so we had these beds bunked in a room with a crib. The furniture was Todd's when he was growing up and I love that all the boys have gotten to use it. These two guys are too little to use the desk so we mostly use it as a dresser and for storage. My favorite part of this room is the red accent wall with the paper airplane expression.




Finally, Campbell Kate's nursery! When Cooper was a baby I had the Pottery Barn "bright stripe" bedding and I'm still infatuated with it. So, pretty much all through my pregnancy I wanted to use it again. There's not even a pink stripe in it but I didnt' care. Then it came time to get serious about it and with a little encouragement from my girlfriends and sister I reconsidered and with that little nudge I went all out. My sister bought all of CK's bedding as a gift (along with lots and lots of other little treats). It's from Land of Nod and it's perfect. Her chair is from WalMart and it is THE most comfortable rocker I've ever nursed a baby in. The furniture was new for Jackson and we are definitely one family who has gotten their money's worth out of their baby stuff. I posted a pic of my favorite frame. It has her precious little newborn pictures in it along with her hand and foot prints. Campbell's room is very peaceful and sweet and I love to spend time in there. If you are a friend that sends us Christmas Card pictures please note the photo board above the rocker. I save each and every one and switch them out each year. When Campbell actually held still long enough to cuddle we would rock and she would talk and talk to her "friends" on the wall.






Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I love the airplane name decals... where are those from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice rooms. I like the airplanes as well. The baby's room is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one LOVE Campbell Kate's bedding... No bias of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your baby's names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the rooms are great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your kid's names. Campbell has always been my #2 girl's name but I can't ever get Scott to agree to it. And I would use Kate as a middle name too. I think it is the cutest name in the world! And her room is just as cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these rooms!! And I agree with Kelly on your children's names! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com