Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Staycation

So, a while ago I said something to Todd about going somewhere for Memorial Day weekend and his reply..."We are going on a staycation baby!" (boy, oh boy what fun and I'm sure I turned away and made a face). His tone must have had some finality to it because I don't remember trying to talk him into anything! If you know me at all you know I like to be out and about and often away with our family. Cabin fever sets in for me after about 16 hours...seriously. We had a great weekend and although it wasn't all that relaxing, we got sooo much done and enjoyed our time together at HOME.

Friday we were invited over to our friends' house for karaoke. I can't sing. I try but it's just not pretty. I don't think I made anyone's ears bleed but my time as a rock star was short lived because I had been sick all week and I just wasn't up for it. But eating...that I managed to rock. R and S are always such great hosts and the snacks were yummy. We took the kids along and the boys stayed downstairs with the sitters and Campbell stayed up with us. She borrowed two baby dolls and carried them around all night. She's not prissy at all...she doesn't mind getting dirty, she plays with cars, she pushes her brothers out of the way and stands up for herself when she needs to. But she LOVES to snuggle and play momma to dolls and stuffed things. In that respect she is alone in our brood. Here she is with her babies...determined to carry them both at the same time and give them both the same amount of attention just like a mommy should (should I tell her now what it's really going to be like?)!


Saturday we mulched, and mulched and weeded and mulched. Mulch makes such a difference doesn't it? It looks great and I loved being outside working in the yard with Todd while the kids played and rode their bikes. Sunday was low key. I worked on the laundry and we did some shopping for the Memorial Day festivities. One of our big projects for the day was to shop around and find some sort of orginizational system for the paper trail that takes over our kitchen counter. If it kills a tree and happens to be 8.5" X 11" it is my nemesis. After a little mommy meltdown peaceful discussion in the parking lot of Staples we hauled all of our small children in so we could decide together and found something we hope will end the mess!

Yesterday we did some cleaning and got ready for our friends to come over in the afternoon. Todd rocked the grill!!! We visited, ate, played, ate, refereed, no wonder the baby weight isn't gone yet, said goodbye to friends, bathed, kissed good night, played cards and said good bye again. Loved this weekend (but hate that I didn't get take more pics), the weather and our non-vacation staycation baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com