Sunday, May 10, 2009

You finally got your girl!


Happy Mother's Day! More on that later... I thought I should put up some pics of our fifth installment, Campbell Kate (almost 14 mts). There's lots and lots I could say about how adorable she is but I'll let you form your own opinion! She's pretty sassy herself. She loves her newly developed walking skills, shopping, cuddling anything stuffed and having her daddy wrapped around her little finger!!!


I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "You finally got your girl!". And if you've said this to me please don't take offense at my ramblings. I LOVE having a girl. I had no idea what I was missing out on (shopping for cute pink stuff) and I was absolutely delighted when we "finally got our girl". But if you know us a little deeper you would know that we feel simply blessed to have five beautiful children in our home. I truly would have felt just as blissful if "she" would have been a "he". And yes, boy or girl, five was our limit. In fact, we found out we were going to have a girl during a level II ultrasound at our Children's Hospital where we were actually taking a closer look at her little heart. At around 18 weeks she was experiencing some transient bradycardia (brief periods of low heart rates down to about 80 BPM). This was after week after week and doctors appointment after doctors appointment where either she or I had some issue that compromised her life and my pregnancy. Everything checked out fine that day so the reveal of her gender was secondary to our joy that she was healthy. We prayed hard for her to just survive the first and then second trimesters of pregnancy so the fact that she is here at all makes us feel super blessed. She is the baby that God intended us to have and knowing that all along was enough.

1 comment:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com