Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Monday...




Playing along with MckMama and her blog carnival today. You know being brutally honest is FUN!

That was not me slamming the car door last weekend (see post here) while my husband and small children watched in horror as I threw a little tantrum about desk organization...nope not me! I would never blow anything as trivial as Todd calling a letter tray a "basket" and the confusion that caused, out of proportion. This is slightly out of character for me and I didn't even have hormones to blame. Geesh!

I did not most likely have the aforementioned outburst due to a lack of coffee on said day...nope not me! I wouldn't develop an addiction so strong that it would have an affect on my mood! Most definitely not!!!

There's four days worth of laundry to do in my house!!! I would never get all caught up and have every dirty stitch in my house clean and then let it go again...not me! That would be irresponsible even if the weather was far too gorgeous and sunny to carry laundry baskets up and down the basement stairs.

I'm not about to post a very, very, largely pregnant picture of me for everyone to gaze at...never, ever, not me!!! Todd showed me last night how to scan pics and save them as jpegs...why on earth did I scan this one first!!!! YIKES lady!



I know, right? This was taken 4/18/2004. I have been telling some of my girlfriends that I was going to track this pic down for a while now. This was taken two days before Cooper was born. Let me start by saying that four of my babies came out weighing between 6 pounds 2 ounces and 7 pounds 2 ounces, nice, normal if not smallish babies. I had an ultrasound with Coop at 33.5 weeks gestation and the tank ALREADY weighed 6 pounds!!! He was freakishly large and his head measured even more freakishly large so I was induced 10 days early on April 20, 2004. In case you are wondering, I did not have gestational diabetes. He weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces and was 22 inches long. I know it's not record breaking or anything but what a relief they didn't get larger in succession!!! I gained a pleasant 27 pounds (my smallest pregnancy gain) with him and from the look of my toes carried a fair amount there. Not only was he gigantic so was his placenta..gross, I know. I remember laying on the delivery table and having everyone in the room passing around this tupperware container of yuck going, "Oh my gosh, this is so heavy...here, you have to feel how heavy this is!". I managed to impress the medical staff with the weight of my placenta...they couldn't wait to send that beauty off to pathology!

So why did I really post this? If you're pregnant with a normal sized baby I want you to feel better about your girth AND if you're not pregnant I want you to feel better about your girth! If you've never been pregnant, pray to be pregnant, don't ever want to be pregnant, can't be pregnant, have been a little pregnant or been a lot pregnant, I want to say this. I've been giving myself a hard time lately about my post-baby body (I'm not alone am I?). And then I find this picture and I see how amazing I look and how in MANY ways we are not the same after a baby enters our life. I'm reminded of the miraculous way little babies are formed in our bodies, and how each little tiny soul is planned by God. And so very often God's plan for those little souls is not what we had in mind or what we were prepared for...be that their personalities, their health, their number of days, the color of their eyes or the way they change our hearts. Truly a MIRACLE. And for my friends out there who have babies grow in their hearts instead of their bodies...just as much a miracle, if not more so!!! I feel so incredibly blessed today to be their mommy...stretch marks and all. Did I just admit I have those? Never, not me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com